Sunday, June 2, 2013

I Did It! I got to "The End"


Bring the cake. Pop the bubbly. Light the fire-crackers. It's time to paaartaaay!

I did it. I DID it. 
Once again, because it feels so good: I. Did. It.

Today, I wrote the last word on the last page of my second ever completed first draft of a novel. 


I shall now rest for a few days. I shall not write a single word, except maybe on a grocery list. I shall read words that others have written in books I've been stacking up on my TBR-pile. I shall watch TV, possibly seasons 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones, which I've been keeping for a rainy day when I have nothing else to do (and I mean nothing, because once I start, not even the apocalypse will tear me away, if they're anywhere near as good as the first season). 


And, most importantly, I shall reap the reward I promised myself in the case that I finished this book: a professional massage with a friend who is said to have the magic touch.

But for now, a toast to my accomplishment, and to all the other writers - published or unpublished - out there who have ever reached this momentous goal of The Completion Of The First Draft.

We rock!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment