Monday, June 17, 2013

My Favorite Writing Quotes


“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” 

― Anton Chekhov

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” 
― Maya Angelou

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” 
― Toni Morrison

“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” 
― Mark Twain

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.” 
― Neil Gaiman

“The first draft of anything is shit.” 
― Ernest Hemingway

“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. ” 
― Joss Whedon

“This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It's that easy, and that hard.” 
― Neil Gaiman


“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” 
― Jack London


“Easy reading is damn hard writing.” 
― Nathaniel Hawthorne


“You can fix anything but a blank page.” 
― Nora Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment