One of my New Year's Resolutions was to compile a tally of my writing achievements at the end of every month; what I worked on and how much I wrote. This way, I hope to monitor myself a little and see the progress I make.
So, for the January 2013 summary:
- At least 50% of my writing time is spent on my screenwriting studies. Of course, that's a lot of reading and studying and not so much writing (yet), except for the assignments. This month, I finished two, which come down to about 1,000 words in total.
- 1 writers group exercise for the February Meet of Writers in Stuttgart. 444 words.
- Blog posts: 3, which total 663 words.
- Paranormal Romance novel: approx. 10,000 words.
- Pilot of a TV-series: 32 pages (7,550 words, just to keep to that measure of counting, though in TV I hear it's all about the number of pages. A script for a 1-hour show is usually somewhere between 40 and 50 pages)
All in all, I'm satisfied. It could have been a bit more, I suppose, but it's not a low count, by any means. Aside from the studies, I spent most of my writing time on the pilot for the TV series. If I keep up this pace, I should have it finished by March. *knocks on wood*