Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Quotes on Writing

It’s been over a month since my last post. A lot of stuff has happened, just none of it new on the writing-front. My screenwriting-studies are going so-so (at the moment I’m still reading more about it than doing and handing in my tasks) and my latest novel is coming along at a good clip.




I recently found a website that lists hundreds of quotes on writing. I haven't gotten through even a fraction of them all, but I found a few I totally agree with or that apply to me as a writer. It's kind of good to know I'm not alone.


For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me.
Jack Dann


Reading usually precedes writing and the impulse to write is almost always fired by reading. Reading, the love of reading, is what makes you dream of becoming a writer.
Susan Sontag


Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
Gloria Steinem


I can’t help but to write, I have a inner need for it. If I’m not in the middle of some literary project, I’m utterly lost, unhappy and distressed. As soon as I get started, I calm down.
Kaari Utrio



No comments:

Post a Comment