Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why I'm looking for an Agent

This is why I'm sending out queries to agents and not thinking about the self-publishing-route (yet).

I'm aware that this could mean a long wait. I'm working on the second novel I'll seriously try to find an agent and publisher for, but a lot of authors take six or seven books before the eighth is good enough and finds a home with a publisher (some take even more, some natural storytellers less). I'm sure they'd all tell you that those six or seven rejected books weren't in vain, because like with anything else it's about practicing, learning and honing your craft.

I'm (hopefully) in this for the long haul and I want to give my stories the chance to be as enjoyable as possible, which means taking my time with them and getting them edited before they're made available to readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment