Sunday, January 16, 2011

Self-Publishing Success Story

An uplifting story about an author who started her career by self-publishing and then finding an agent. 


Self-publishing is still an option for me - especially after reading such an exhilarating account as this. Though I'm sure there's a lot of work and elbow-grease involved, and your product, i.e. the book, has to be the best it can be to garner long-term fans. 


All things considered, I'm not going to go for self-publishing in the near future. I still haven't shopped all possible agents yet, and I want to go through one more run of reviews, change my main character's profession. That's postponed until February, and when that is done, I plan on sending out the next few queries. And keep writing my next book. 


Keep persevering, period.



No comments:

Post a Comment